Monday, July 5, 2010

NES Replacement controller review:

Sorry it has been so long since any updates. I have been crazy busy getting ready to go to my next base. So things may be a little far and few between for a while. But anyways! So I stopped in at my local Play n Trade looking to see what NES games they had in stock. I was looking at the used consoles and such and saw they had replacement NES controllers.
These were in an aftermarket box and the picture looked like a perfect replica minus missing the Nintendo logo on front. I am usually EXTREMELY picky about not using 3rd party controllers! But for the low price of $4.99 I couldn't resist. I had at least one bad controller and another that seemed to have a short. So I picked one up.
The first thing I noticed when I got it home is that the cord is ALOT longer than the original controller! Thats a plus for sure. The connector that goes into the NES is almost identical in look as the original with a slightly different material and it fits VERY snug in the port. The cord was thinner and more flexible than the original but seems to be better quality.
The controller casing seems to be made from the exact same mold as the originals. It has the box on the back for the model number and such but the box is empty. Every little notch and everything is perfectly replicated. The front face is also identical in design minus the Nintendo logo. Even the Start and Select buttons have the exact same texture and feel as the original!
The buttons all feel very responsive and even the D-pad feels perfectly replicated! You could pretty much swap these internals into your old controller and nobody would ever notice. That's how much it feels like the original! I give this item a 5 star rating in my book!

No comments: